CORE International, Inc.’s History
CORE International, Inc., an international management consulting firm with over 30 years of experience in 100 countries, has provided advisory and assistance services to a broad array of clients.
In the 1980s, CORE International served bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors such as the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), the World Bank, and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) on numerous infrastructure development projects in developing countries worldwide.
In the 1990s, CORE played a significant role in the reconstruction of Bosnia-Herzegovina, revitalization of Central and East Europe, and improving economic growth services in Asia.
Since 2000, CORE's work has focused on the provision of development assistance and capacity building in Asia, Africa, and post-revolution and/or war torn states such as The Turkish Cypriot Community on Cyprus and The Republic of Georgia following the Rose Revolution.
CORE International recently provided advisory and assistance for one of the single largest Africa infrastructure based investment projects by any donor -- Implementation of the $350.7 million Malawi Energy Sector Compact of the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) -- where we are providing the management role for experts from six countries and numerous disciplines.
- In January 2022, CORE International received an excellent CPAR for our work under the Energy 2 IDIQ for our work for the USAID Regional Mission for Asia (RDMA) on the Enhancing Equality in Energy for Southeast Asia Activity (E4SEA), a three year contract dedicated to increasing the number of women involved in the region's energy infrastructure in the new energy economy.
- In September 2019, CORE International was awarded the Energy 2 IDIQ, a multi-year umbrella contract with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the Agency's Energy and Environment projects in developing countries worldwide. This $500 million ceiling, Task Order type contract, extends through 2025.
- In October 2018, CORE International's GSA Schedule was renewed. CORE's GSA Schedule number GS10F0481Y under Schedule 00CORP (PROFESSIONAL SERVICES SCHEDULE -- PSS) allows CORE to provide services to the federal government and other GSA schedule users in a wide range of professional services areas. This schedule is unique in that it consolidated seven service areas under one umbrella beginning in 2016. The services that CORE can provide include Mission Oriented Business Services (MOBIS), Professional Engineering Services (PES), Financial and Business Solutions (FABS), Advertising and Integrated Marketing (AIMS), Logistics Worldwide (LOGWORLD), Environmental Services and Language Services.
- In February 2018 CORE International was awarded its largest single multi-year umbrella contract with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the Agency's Power Africa Program. This $900 million ceiling, Task Order type contract, extends through 2023.
- In December 2015 CORE International, Inc. was informed by the Electricity Control Board (ECB) of Namibia that CORE's work supporting ECB's Framework for the introduction of Independent Power Producers (IPPs) in the country has been successful and has led to the first IPP in the form of a 5 MW solar PV installation.